The following courses are commonly found in online certificate programs for Java learners.
- Programming Fundamentals Class: An entry-level class in programming, this course includes an overview of data structures, inheritance, duplication, branching and techniques. The class helps beginners gain a basic understanding of programming languages, applications and object-oriented programming. No prior programming experience is typically required for this course.
- Beginning Principles of Java Class: This class introduces students to topics like graphical user interface (GUI) structure, Java networking, multithreading and Java input/outputs (I/O). Students in this online class utilize a Java compiler and study hash maps, polymorphism, abstraction, lists and arrays.
- Basic Principles of Java Class: Students in this class often focus on multi-platform applications, such as graphics programming, detailed object-oriented programming, exception handling and development of GUI. Typically, this class also covers multithreading, Generics, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), Java Server Pages (JSPs), concurrency and Servlets.
- Intermediate Principles of Java Class: This class generally gives students an in-depth analysis of JDBC components and concepts. Students also get an overview of design models, precise object descriptions, problem-solving techniques and a further expansion of GUI structures.
- Advanced Principles of Java Class: The curriculum for this course covers Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI), socket-based network programming, I/O files, serialization and the Java runtime environment. Students in this class also practice native methods, thread handling and synchronization. A large programming project developed with a Java compiler is often required for this online class.